The School Council consists of two representatives from each year group, from Year 3 to Year 6. The Council meets every week to express views and make decisions. Staff are always keen to know the views of our pupils. For example, following curriculum themed days (Everybody Writes Day/Maths Morning), Miss Cooper met with the School Council to know more about what went well. Representatives of the School Council are very much active citizens. In addition to this, the School Council meets regularly with the Governors, sharing the pupils’ voice and their views on school life.
Who is responsible for the School Council?
Miss Cooper has successfully run the School Council for many years.
Recent decisions have included:
- How the winning house celebrates each term
- Organizing the house celebration
- Playground equipment
- School rules re: playground/football/cricket
- Organising Just Dance and rules
Achievements have included:
- Just Dance ‘Dance Off’ to raise money for Bolton Hospice
- Petition letter to stop the Accident and Emergency department from closing including interviewing pupils about their thoughts and opinions
- Introduction of a lunchtime Salad Bar (School Council met with Bolton Council’s school meals department regarding this provision and developed a questionnaire to ascertain pupils’ thought son a salad bar; it has proved to be a hit).
Meet our School Council Representatives:
Please note: These positions have yet to be filled (to be updated in the autumn term).