What is a House Captain?
Every house has two year six representatives that have been chosen to be positive role models for the rest of the school. All year five pupils had to submit a House captain application that detailed the following:
- What personal qualities they would bring to the post?
- The experiences they have gained within school that would prepare them for the post?
- Their broader experiences gained outside of school that may be of benefit to them in the post of House Captain
The Four Houses
Emerald HouseRuby HouseSapphire HouseDiamond House
Each house is represented by a different colour and children can earn points for their house in all sorts of ways, both in and out of school. Every week the points are counted and during Wednesday’s assembly individual class house point winner badges are awarded (those that get ten badges receive a coveted gold star). The overall winning house is then announced, and the winners have their colour tied to the house trophy which is on display in the school hall. At the end of each term, the house points are totalled and the winning house celebrate together in the hall during a fun filled morning.
Role Description – Responsibilities of a House Captain
- To help co-ordinate their House in House events such as Sports Days and other interhouse competitions.
- To encourage children to participate in House events.
- To be prepared to give up their own time to help organise House related activities.
- To attend all House events.
- To help organise House Assemblies with the Deputy Head teacher.
- To oversee the maintenance of the House Notice Board.
- To generate publicity and support for House events.
- To write up any House events for the website and, on occasions, the newsletter.
- To encourage children to participate and celebrate their success.
- To assist members of staff for part of a lunchtime for one day a week.
- To ensure that all children are aware of expectations regarding behaviour.
Meet our House Captains:
Emerald House - Malaika and Hassan
Ruby House - Shreya and Sa'Oud
Sapphire House - Zara and Atif
Diamond House - Leon and Ammaarah